Leading change from the front
Duration: 2 hours
Ideal for: Senior business leaders and change sponsors.
Review the do’s and don’ts of successful change leadership and what you should focus your attention on to successfully lead change within your organisation.
In a recent global change survey, when asked about the key to successful delivery of project objectives, respondents cited ‘active and visible sponsorship’ three times more frequently than anything else.
Given that for most people the role of sponsor is a part-time, voluntary activity, how can you be sure you’re focusing on the right things and getting the highest return from your efforts? In this 2-hour session, we will review the dos and don’ts of successful change leadership and what you should focus your attention on to successfully lead change within your organisation.
By the end of the programme you will have learned key concepts about leading successful change as well reviewing effective and ineffective sponsorship practices and behaviours. Focusing on both knowledge and practical application, the programme will prepare you to:
- Describe the essential components of successful change
- Identify the reasons why change fails
- Identify the expectations of an executive sponsor
- List the most common sponsor mistakes and what you can do to avoid these
- Consider your role in leading change and what you need to start/stop/continue doing
What is covered?
- Managing change for business results
- Individual responses to change
- The difference between change management and project management
- The impact of the sponsor on the project success
- The top five most common executive mistakes
- The sponsor's multidimensional role
- Assessing your project readiness for change success