Project management in 12 hours
Duration: 2-days or 6 x 2-hour sessions
Ideal for: Those who are new to projects, or have had limited training in Project Management.
By examining everyday projects, you will understand the key theory and practice behind successful Project Management.
The course runs in conjunction with the Project Management Cookbook to guide you from the basics, right through to taking on more complex project challenges.
By the end of the course you will have achieved the following learning objectives; enabling you to explain and put into practice the foundations of effective project management:
- Analyse stakeholders
- Produce a Project Mandate and a Project Brief
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Describe and use different ways to manage risk
- Implement practical interventions to support change management during a project
- Measure the success of a project at closure against the original outcomes
Course structure and content
The course is offered as a two-day course or can be delivered in six, two-hour sessions. Training can be delivered in-house or at our centrally located training suite in St Helier, Jersey.
- Responsibilities of an effective project manager
- Understanding teams
- Analysing stakeholders
- The lifecycle and structure of a project
- Preparing the business case
- Creating a project plan
- Managing resources
- Quality, risk issues
- Change Management